Finally, the applications are open to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023/24 until 5th January 2023. The GCS is a Fully Funded Scholarship for U.S. and International students to complete their Masters’s and PhD. Degree at Cambridge University from the United Kingdom. This Scholarship is Funded by the Bill Gates, and Melinda. All Participants from outside the UK are eligible for the Bill and Melina Gates Foundation Scholarship. You must apply for the course at Cambridge University and select “Gates Cambridge Scholarship” in the Scholarship Portal. Gates Cambridge has access to the full application for admission and funding when reviewing applications.
Each year Bill gates award 80 Full Scholarships Without IELTS in any subject at Cambridge University that covers Flight Tickets, Accommodation, Tuition Fee, Visa, Heal insurance, and everything. This is the largest ever single donation to a UK university. For the Gates Masters Scholarship, the Maximum duration will be for 2 Years whereas for Gates Ph.D. Scholarship up to 4 Years. This is not the end yet, the details about the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023/24 are available below.
Details About Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023/24
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- University: Cambridge University
- Funded by: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Course Level: Ph.D., MSc/MLitt, Master Degree, Diploma
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 5th January 2023 (For International). 12th Oct 2022 (For USA Citizens)
Gates Scholarship Amount and Value
Gates Cambridge Scholarship for International Students will Cover the Full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding. It covers the following costs:
- University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A Maintenance Allowance for a Single Student
- One Economy Round Airfare Ticket at both the beginning and end of the Course.
- Inbound Visa Costs & the Cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic Development Funding: From up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses. (amount Varies)
- Family Allowance: Up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2020-21 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork: You may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity Funding: Should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship Funding: For unforeseen difficulties.
Study Fields and Majors
Gates Cambridge scholarship in 2023 offers all fields of study available at the University. There are no academic restrictions for anyone.
You can find the list of schools and departments that are available at Gates Cambridge University.
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Clinical Medicine
- School of Technology
- Institutions independent of any School
- Bio logical
- Engineering (All Fields)
- Social Science
- Islamic Studies
You can Check About Departments from A to Z (Here)
Who can apply for the Gates Scholarship?
- A Citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- Postgraduate Course (Master)
- Academic Excellence: Candidates must show evidence of academic excellence (through their transcripts, references, and experience)
- Reasons for Choice of Course: You should be able to make a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
Required Documents (Application Materials)
- Online Application
- Gates Cambridge Statement
- Research proposal (Ph.D. applicants only)
- Gates Cambridge reference
The last date to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship for 2023/24 For USA Applicants residing in the USA is 12th October 2022
And the Last Date for all the Other International Applicants is Depend on the Course they Chose. Most of them have a Deadline is either 2 December 2022 or 5th January 2023